DEATH IS NOT AN OPTION 10/15/14
As I sit here and I wonder why
Somewhere, some way we all must die
Do we believe we can miss the boat
Somehow redirect its path without cutting our throat
Can we fly south or take a sabbatical to France
Can we miss life’s most infamous dance
No matter how far you travel or where you go
Death will be there to answer the door
There is no option when it comes to death
No matter how healthy or how much wealth
There is no road that will lead you astray
No miraculous prayer that will save the day
Death has been promised to all kind
Nothing lives forever that is the design
Now life after death that’s the true story
The only way there is in Gods’ Glory!
Now you must pay attention if you have the need to live on
There are some basic instructions that will not steer you wrong
Try picking this up when you see the next paper or hardback
Some wonderful instructions to help keep your life on track
A book that shares the covenant that can fulfill your every need
Just try it, read it, embed it in your life and you will see
Open it wide and ride its pages
Because the death you seek holds no wages
The wages of sin carry eternal death
But,The Word of God has eternal wealth
God has promised that death for believers is only a sleep
Don’t you want to rise again when the Shepherd calls his sheep
So, Be faithful and true, and know life gets better not worse
Because in his word he promised the dead in Christ shall rise first!
–Alicia A Entzminger
TOP TEN SIGNS YOU’VE ALREADY GROWN UP 10/15/14
- Your potted plants stay alive.
- 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to sleep.
- You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
- You carry an umbrella. You watch the Weather Channel.
- Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as ‘dressed up’.
- You’re the one calling the police because those kids next door don’t know how to turn down the stereo.
- You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
- Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
- You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald’s.
- Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.